Man Leaning on a Fence
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 6 inches (22.2 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand lower center in graphite: "August 1815 | View near Woobridge | All is fish that comes to net"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | fence | figures (illustrations) | hat | leaning | man
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Man Leaning on a Fence, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.