- A Kaffir Village
- ca. 1801
- Watercolor, with pen in brown ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 × 17 3/4 inches (32.2 × 45.1 cm)
Collector's Mark: "J P"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | hills | huts | landscape | trees | village | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Daniell, 1775–1811, British, A Kaffir Village, ca. 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.