Near Eucheconing Point, Java
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 21 1/4 inches (37.1 × 54 cm), Mount: 16 5/8 × 23 1/4 inches (42.2 × 59.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Near EUCHECONING-POINT, on the ISLAND of JAVA"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Daniell (Thomas)"; upper center: "No.2"; lower right: "Port feuille Po"; lower left: "Z.bl/[...]"
Watermark: J. Whatman/Strasburg Lily (letters; Churchill 415; on mount)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | jungle | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Daniell, 1775–1811, British, Near Eucheconing Point, Java, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.