- Lulworth Cove
- ca. 1813
- Watercolor with brown wash and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 x 10 inches (18.1 x 25.4 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 3/8 inches (16.5 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "W. Daniell delt | D 25192"; on mount, lower center: "Lulworth Cove-"; on back, center: "Lulworth Cove | Wm Daniell | "England + Scotland Scenery"
Unidentified collector's stamp, on back, upper right, in purple ink: horse or dog with banner below, containing the Latin phrase: "TENAX-IN-FIDE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | boats | cliffs | cove | hills | landscape | ships
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Lulworth Cove | United Kingdom | West Lulworth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Lulworth Cove, ca. 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.