Bidzee Ghur, Taken Near the Village Mow [Mhow]
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 7/16 × 27 7/8 inches (54.5 × 70.8 cm) and Image: 18 1/2 × 24 7/8 inches (47 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Bidzee Ghur | taken near the village Mow"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J45"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | landscape | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 26, no. 35, V2359 (YCBA)