- ca. 1789
- Graphite with gray wash on medium, slightly texture, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 5/8 inches (14 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: [...]; center left: "Ropes"; center: "bound with paddy blanks [...] | Bamboos [...]; center: "Rope & on the top"
Watermark: letters [illegible]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | fishing | marine art | ropes | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Fishing Barge, ca. 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.