IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Ship, 'The Earl Cornwallis', ca. 1790
Ship, 'The Earl Cornwallis'
- ca. 1790
- Gray ink and gray wash over graphite on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 5 1/2 inches (11.1 x 14 cm)
Inscribed gray ink [over graphite], lower left: "the Earl of Cornwallis"; in brown ink, verso, upper left: "[?75]-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flag | marine art | sails | ship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.