Topping a Flight of Rails and Coming Well into the Next Field
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (21 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso, lower left, in graphite: "Topping a Flight of Rails and coming well into the next [Field]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Francis P. Garvan, Yale BA 1897, in memory of Harry Payne Whitney, Yale BA 1894, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery, Whitney Sporting Art Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- equestrians | fences | fields | horses (animals) | hunting dogs | jumping | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Topping a Flight of Rails and Coming Well into the Next Field, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.