IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, On the Coast of Salerno, ca. 1783
On the Coast of Salerno
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: On the Coast of Salerno
- Part Of:
- ca. 1783
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 9 5/8 inches (18.7 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower center: "On the Coast of Salerno" (reversed); in graphite lower left: "210"; inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "On the Coast of Salerno"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | castles | cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Salerno
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.