- Thorncroft, near Leatherhead
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 7/8 inches (13 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand bottom left in graphite: "T Allom; on back top right in graphite: "Thorncroft seat of Col Dunkwater | Bethine | By whom this plate [?] was presented"; center in graphite: "53949"
Signed in artist's hand bottom left in graphite: "T Allom"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | carriages | horses (animals) | landscape | mausoleum | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Leatherhead | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Allom, 1804–1872, British, Thorncroft, near Leatherhead, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.