The Bay of Naples from Capodimonte
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured wove paper
- Mount: 17 7/8 x 24 1/4 inches (45.4 x 61.6 cm) and Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 inches (37.5 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in mount in graphite upper left: "14935" in pen and gray ink upper center: "Part of the Bay of Naples - " in graphite lower right: "COZENS, John R. | PART OF THE BAY OF NAPLES | 70/8/11/9 IR 38 | FUMIGATED"
Signed on mount in pen and black ink lower left: "J. Cozens 1790"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | buildings | clouds | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Naples | Napoli, Golfo di
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]