The Bay of Naples from Capodimonte
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured wove paper
- Mount: 17 7/8 x 24 1/4 inches (45.4 x 61.6 cm) and Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 inches (37.5 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in mount in graphite upper left: "14935" in pen and gray ink upper center: "Part of the Bay of Naples - " in graphite lower right: "COZENS, John R. | PART OF THE BAY OF NAPLES | 70/8/11/9 IR 38 | FUMIGATED"
Signed on mount in pen and black ink lower left: "J. Cozens 1790"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | buildings | clouds | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Naples | Napoli, Golfo di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, The Bay of Naples from Capodimonte, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.