Bristol Hot Wells
- ca. 1773
- Pen and brown ink on thin, smooth, cream laid paper, mounted on medium, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 8 7/8 inches (12.7 x 22.5 cm) and Mount: 5 x 9 inches (12.7 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper right: "Bristol | Hot Wells."; in pen and brown ink upper left: "1 Sun misty But ye body of it very bright | 2 very Tend.r from ye Sun | 3 ye edges of ye hills faintly mark'd all in mist Pretty warm but greyish | 4 green field in ye sun | Tend.r Grey upon it"; Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "<B 1979. 29. 1> | IR 337/1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | clouds | hills | houses | lakes | reflections
- Associated Places:
- Bristol | England
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Bristol Hot Wells, ca. 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.