Two Moored Ships and a Fishing Boat
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Trees and Buildings
- ca. 1789
- Gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 13 5/8 inches (18.1 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, center: "61"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "Dan 6"
Watermarks: Samuel Lay (letters; fragment similar to Shorter 98) and Fleur-de-lys (Heawood 1849)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures | fishing | marine art | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Two Moored Ships and a Fishing Boat, ca. 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.