Two Moored Ships and a Fishing Boat
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Trees and Buildings
- ca. 1789
- Gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 13 5/8 inches (18.1 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, center: "61"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "Dan 6"
Watermarks: Samuel Lay (letters; fragment similar to Shorter 98) and Fleur-de-lys (Heawood 1849)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures | fishing | marine art | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Two Moored Ships and a Fishing Boat, ca. 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.