A Rifleman at Musketry Practice
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 3 1/8 inches (11.4 × 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brush and brown watercolor over graphite bottom left: "Atkinson"
Signed in artist's hand in brush and brown watercolor over graphite bottom left: "Atkinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | military art | musket | rifleman | soldier | spear
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Augustus Atkinson, 1775–1831, British, A Rifleman at Musketry Practice, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.