John Augustus Atkinson, 1775–1831, British, An Old Woman Carrying a Basket, undated
An Old Woman Carrying a Basket
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 3 3/8 inches (12.4 × 8.6 cm)
Inscribed on back top right in graphite: "36"; on back center in graphite: "38"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | cane | figures (representations) | hat | hut | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.