Going to School
- between 1801 and 1810
- Graphite, pen and black ink and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 6 1/8 inches (19.1 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand bottom right in pen and brown ink: "J A Atkinson"
Signed in artist's hand bottom right in pen and brown ink: "J A Atkinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boy | deer | door | figure study | figures (representations) | genre subject | hat | reading | student
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Simon Schama, The Yale Centre for British Art, TLS, the Times Literary Supplement, Issue no. 3923, May 20, 1977, p. 620, Film S748 (SML) Also avaiable online in TLS Historical Archive (ORBIS)