Bologna, View in the Strada Maggiore
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (21.6 × 28.3 cm), Image: 5 1/2 × 8 3/8 inches (14 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "To be ready for the first of June. | Man to look to the Man | in the Cart"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Bologna | Atkinson. engr. by Scott";inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "2"; in graphite lower right: "D469"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | cityscape | dogs (animals) | figures | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | men | women
- Associated Places:
- Bologna | Europe | Italy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Augustus Atkinson, 1775–1831, British, Bologna, View in the Strada Maggiore, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.