Bovisand, near Plymouth
- ca. 1813
- Watercolor with brown wash and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Contemporary drawn border: 7 x 10 inches (17.8 x 25.4 cm), Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (16.2 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "W. Daniell R A delt. | 1769-1839 | D-25193"; on mount, lower center: "Bovisand - near Plymouth - | Bovisand near Plymouth"; on mount, lower right: "Whidbey's House | Devon | W. Daniell R. A."
Unidentified collector's stamp, on back: horse or dog with banner below, containing the Latin phrase: "TENAX-IN-FIDE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | buildings | hills | landscape | sailboats | ships | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bovisand | Devon | England | Plymouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Bovisand, near Plymouth, ca. 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.