- between 1808 and 1814
- Graphite and red chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (24.8 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Farrington"
watermark: 1801 (not in Churchill, Heawood or Shorter; on mount sheet)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | coat | collar | landscape painter | man | portrait | profile (figure) | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Farington, Joseph (1747–1821), landscape painter and diarist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Joseph Farington, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.