- Thomas Banks, the Sculptor
- between 1808 and 1814
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (24.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Thos Banks"
watermark on mount: Fragment of lily or crown (unidentified)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | coat | collar | cravat | Grand Tour | man | portrait | profile (figure) | sculptor | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Banks, Thomas (1735–1805), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Banks, the Sculptor, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.