- between 1808 and 1814
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 7 5/8 inches (25.4 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Thomas Hearne"
watermark on mount: lion within shield with initials D and M on either side; MDCCCXXVII below (unidentified)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | profile (figure) | watercolorist
- Associated People:
- Hearne, Thomas (1744–1817), watercolour painter and topographical draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Hearne, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.