IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, James Northcote, between 1798 and 1819
- between 1798 and 1819
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 1/2 inches (24.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Northcote"
watermark on mount: Fragment of a crown (unidentified)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | author | coat | collar | Grand Tour | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Northcote, James (1746–1831), artist and author
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.