- between 1808 and 1814
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 1/2 inches (24.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Russell"
watermark: fragment of crown (unidentified)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | astronomer | chair | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | portrait painter | profile (figure) | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Russell, John (1745–1806), portrait painter and astronomer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, John Russell, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.