IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Wild Bull, of the Ancient Caledonian Breed, Now in the Park, at Chillingham-Castle, Northumberland, 1789
The Wild Bull, of the Ancient Caledonian Breed, Now in the Park, at Chillingham-Castle, Northumberland.
- Additional Title(s):
The WIld Bull, of the ancient Caledonian Breed, now in the park at Chillingham-Castle, Northumberland. 1789.
- Wood-engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 9 1/16 inches (18.6 × 23 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 7 13/16 inches (14.1 × 19.8 cm)
Lettered, in white space against black background, lower left inside image: "Bewick. NEWCASTLE 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bernard Quaritch Ltd.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bull | bulls | bushes | chasing | cows | forest | grass | horns | landscape | park (grounds) | plants | running | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.