- The Wild Bull, of the Ancient Caledonian Breed, Now in the Park, at Chillingham-Castle, Northumberland.
- Wood-engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 9 1/16 inches (18.6 x 23 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 x 7 13/16 inches (14.1 x 19.8 cm)
Lettered, in white space against black background, lower left inside image: "Bewick. NEWCASTLE 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bernard Quaritch Ltd.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bull | bulls | bushes | chasing | cows | forest | grass | horns | landscape | park (grounds) | plants | running | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Wild Bull, of the Ancient Caledonian Breed, Now in the Park, at Chillingham-Castle, Northumberland, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.