- Watercolor, gouache and graphite with scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 24 7/8 inches (35.9 × 63.2 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "G.A.Fripp | 1846"
In artist's hand in pen and black ink; LR: G.A. Fripp / 1846.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | castle | cathedral | church | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Durham | Durham Castle | Durham Cathedral | Elvet bridge | England | United Kingdom | Wear
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 25, no. 83, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 25, no. 83, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)