St. Alban's Abbey
- ca. 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 13 3/8 inches (26.4 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Edridge"; in graphite, lower left: "St Albans Abbey - South Side"; inscribed on back in graphite, upper left: "St. Albans Abbey, July. 28. 1801"
J. Whatman, 1794.
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Edridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | cathedral | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Saint Albans | The Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Alban | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.