St. Alban's Abbey
- ca. 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 3/8 × 13 3/8 inches (26.4 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Edridge"; in graphite, lower left: "St Albans Abbey - South Side"; inscribed on back in graphite, upper left: "St. Albans Abbey, July. 28. 1801"
J. Whatman, 1794.
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Edridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | cathedral | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Saint Albans | The Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Alban | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.