Study of 16th Century Costumes
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 inches (8.3 x 12.7 cm), Mount: 4 1/4 x 6 inches (10.8 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "a Lady Cromwell a Noble man a Sold."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joan Peterson Kliman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | lady | men | nobleman | soldier | women
- Associated People:
- Cromwell, Thomas (1485–1540), lawyer and statesman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
circle of Charles Robert Leslie, 1794–1859, British, Study of 16th Century Costumes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.