Windsor Castle from the Glacis of the Round Tower
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 16 inches (27.3 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H. Edridge | Windsor Jany 1st 1804."; in graphite, lower center: "bright light over the tower under dark cloud, bright yellow light"; in graphite, center: "Grass"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "H. Edridge | Windsor Jany 1st 1804."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | glacis | landscape | round tower | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Edridge, 1769–1821, British, Windsor Castle from the Glacis of the Round Tower, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.