Manickpur on the Ganges
- ca. 1788
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 21 inches (39.4 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower right: "109" [encircled]; in brown ink, verso, lower right: "No. 114 [crossed out in graphite] [?Mankipur] on the Ganges"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "No. 24"
Watermark: J Whatman (letters only; similar to Heawood 104).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coastlines | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ganges, River | Manikpur | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Manickpur on the Ganges, ca. 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.