Manickpur on the Ganges
- ca. 1788
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 21 inches (39.4 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower right: "109" [encircled]; in brown ink, verso, lower right: "No. 114 [crossed out in graphite] [?Mankipur] on the Ganges"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "No. 24"
Watermark: J Whatman (letters only; similar to Heawood 104).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coastlines | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ganges, River | Manikpur | Uttar Pradesh
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Manickpur on the Ganges, ca. 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.