- Watercolor, gray wash, pen, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper (contemporary mount)
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 11 3/4 inches (23.8 × 29.8 cm) and Mount: 12 7/8 × 15 1/4 inches (32.7 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower right: "E.E."; on mount in pen and gray ink, lower center: "BARN ELMES 1793"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "D. 959"
Signed in gray ink, lower right: "E.E."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | fence | landscape | river | riverbanks | trees
- Associated Places:
- Barnes | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.