Windsor Castle from near Brocas Meadows
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, graphite, gouache and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, beige, wove card paper
- Mount: 18 3/16 × 25 15/16 inches (46.2 × 65.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 5/16 × 20 1/8 inches (31.3 × 51.1 cm), and Sheet: 12 1/8 × 19 7/8 inches (30.8 × 50.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "WINDSOR CASTLE, taken from near the BROCKAS MEADOW."
Signed and dated in brown watercolor, lower left: "W. Daniell | 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castles | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy : Exhibition Labels, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 71, no. 174, N8219 K5 C761 1990 (YCBA)
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 45, no. 174, N8219 K5 C76 1990 (YCBA)
Augustin Jal, Esquisses, croquis, pochades, ou, Tout ce qu'on voudra, sur le Salon de 1827, A. Dupont, Paris, pp. 17-18, J447 Sa36X 828J (LSF)
Patrick Noon, Crossing the Channel : British and French painting in the age of romanticism, Tate Publishing, London, p. 254, no. 159, ND467.5.R6 N66 2003 Oversize (YCBA)