IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Portrait of George Stubbs, between 1808 and 1814
Portrait of George Stubbs
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Portrait of George Stubbs
- between 1808 and 1814
- Graphite with red pencil on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 7 3/8 inches (25.1 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "George Stubbs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal painter | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Stubbs, George (1724–1806), painter, engraver, and anatomist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.