Head of a Girl
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 × 2 inches (7.6 × 5.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, reinforced in graphite, LL: ED; and in pen and brown ink, reinforced in graphite, LL: ED.
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "E.D."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | girl | head | scarf
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Thompson Davis, 1833–1867, British, Head of a Girl, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.