Self Portrait (?)
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of a Man
- ca. 1824
- Graphite and gray wash and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (24.4 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J Scarlet Davis; in faint graphite, upper center: "Scarlet Davis."
Collector's: On verso, fraction of collector's stamp (Lugt 1405a): Sir Bruce S. Ingram (b. 1877) http://www.marquesdecollections.fr/detail.cfm/marque/7679/total/1
Signed on verso, in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J Scarlet Davis; in faint graphite, upper center: "Scarlet Davis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | moustache | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Davis, John Scarlett (1804–1845), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Scarlett Davis, 1804–1845, British, Self Portrait (?), ca. 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.