View of St. Nicholas Church at Valenciennes after the Siege
- Pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash, black wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 19 × 26 13/16 inches (48.3 × 68.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 18 1/4 × 26 1/4 inches (46.4 × 66.7 cm), and Sheet: 16 1/4 × 24 5/16 inches (41.3 × 61.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown/gray ink, on mount, lower center: "VIEW OF SAINT NICHOLAS CHURCH | AT VALENCIENNES AFTER THE SIEGE IN 1793".
Signed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "Jos. Farington | August 1793"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | Gothic | ruins
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, View of St. Nicholas Church at Valenciennes after the Siege, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.