IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, Waterfall in the Lake District, ca. 1782
Waterfall in the Lake District
- ca. 1782
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 24 1/8 × 18 9/16 inches (61.3 × 47.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | lake | landscape | waterfall
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.