Leicester, St. Mary's Church
- Gray wash, pen, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 3/4 inches (26.7 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "St. Mary's Leicester"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "St. Mary's Church Leicester 1778 E.E."; in graphite, lower right: "[...] | [...] sold."; in graphite, upper center: "D.3154"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | religious architecture | spires | wagon
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Leicester | Leicestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Edwards, 1738–1806, British, Leicester, St. Mary's Church, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.