Coast Scene with a Beached Boat
- between 1819 and 1822
- Watercolor, pen, and brown ink, with scraping on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 11 5/8 inches (19.4 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding"; inscribed on back in graphite, center: "1088" [crossed out]; in graphite, center right: "Wall 6"; in graphite, lower right: "4742 | C. Fielding"; in graphite, lower right: "SPE | B"; in graphite, lower right: "12"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | coast | figures | marine art | sails | sand | seashore
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Presences of Nature - British Landscape 1780-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-10-20 - 1983-02-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Louis Hawes, Presences of Nature : British Landscape, 1780-1830, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1982, pp. 135-6, no. II.18, pl. 111, ND1354.4 H38 (YCBA) [YCBA]