Coast Scene with a Beached Boat
- between 1819 and 1822
- Watercolor, pen, and brown ink, with scraping on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 11 5/8 inches (19.4 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding"; inscribed on back in graphite, center: "1088" [crossed out]; in graphite, center right: "Wall 6"; in graphite, lower right: "4742 | C. Fielding"; in graphite, lower right: "SPE | B"; in graphite, lower right: "12"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | coast | figures | marine art | sails | sand | seashore
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, 1787–1855, British, Coast Scene with a Beached Boat, between 1819 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.