Shipping off Staffa
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, gray ink, black ink, gouache, gum, and graphite, with scraping on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 12 1/4 × 16 3/8 inches (31.1 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1842"
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1842"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basalt | boats | cave | island | landscape | marine art | ocean | sailboats | seagulls | seascape | shipping | sky | sloop (sailing vessel) | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Europe | Scotland | Staffa | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Works of Splendor and Imagination - The Exhibition Watercolor 1770-1870 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-09-16 - 1981-11-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]