Shipping off Staffa
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, gray ink, black ink, gouache, gum, and graphite, with scraping on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 × 16 3/8 inches (31.1 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1842"
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Copley Fielding 1842"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basalt | boats | cave | island | landscape | marine art | ocean | sailboats | seagulls | seascape | shipping | sky | sloop (sailing vessel) | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Europe | Scotland | Staffa | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, 1787–1855, British, Shipping off Staffa, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.