- Pen and brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 8 inches (21.6 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower right: "At Ashford 1818"; in graphite, lower right: "By the [...] Daniel Finch"; in pen and blue ink, lower right: "on cover of folder | the drawings by D.F. 1813-1818"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "[...] | 1818"
Watermark: Similar to Heawood 1581 (Fleur-de-lis) (Without SBO below or Similar to Heawood 1591 (Fleur-de-lis) (Without FABRIANO) [fragment].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | meat | patrons | shops | street | town | windows
- Associated Places:
- Ashford | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Rev. Daniel Finch, 1757–1840, British, At Ashford, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.