- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Landscape
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (39.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "JWH"; in graphite, lower left: "Charmouth"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "Lord [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | axe | basket | figure study | genre subject | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Heneage Finch fourth Earl of Aylesford, 1751–1812, British, The Butcher, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.