- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Landscape
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (39.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "JWH"; in graphite, lower left: "Charmouth"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "Lord [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | axe | basket | figure study | genre subject | man
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Heneage Finch fourth Earl of Aylesford, 1751–1812, British, The Butcher, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.