Pied Wagtail and Dragonfly
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 8 inches (25.1 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Wagtail"; in graphite, upper right: "51"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower center: "D 3416/ George Edwarsd 1694-1773 | a pied wagtail | from an album of the artist's | drawings which belonged to his | descendants | LGD"
[Fragment - crown] Fleur-de-lis.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | dragonfly | insect | Wagtails
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Elisabeth Fairman, Of green leaf , bird , and flower : artists' books and the natural world, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, pp. 220, 221, 229, N7650 .O4 2014