Design for the Setting of Charles Kean's Production of Richard II at the Princess's Theatre on March 12, 1857
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on thin, smooth, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 inches (20.3 × 27.9 cm)
Illegible inscription on verso in graphite, beginning upper left.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | literary theme | production | theaters
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Cressal Ellis, ca. 1810–1875, Design for the Setting of Charles Kean's Production of Richard II at the Princess's Theatre on March 12, 1857, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.