Illustration to Milton's Paradise Lost: Adam and Eve Guarded by the Angels
- Pen and gray ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "L.R."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D26925 [ . . .] L"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | figures | literary theme | men | nudes | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Illustration to Milton's Paradise Lost: Adam and Eve Guarded by the Angels, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.