La Halle au Lin, Dieppe
- Additional Title(s):
L Halle au Lin. Dieppe
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk and watercolor over a ground on medium, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 8 5/8 inches (27.6 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower left: "April 15 - La halle au lin. Dieppe."; in artist's hand in black chalk lower right: "Sickert"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "Sickert. 1902"
Signed in black chalk lower right: "Sickert"; in pen and black ink lower right: "Sickert. 1902."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | flax | market (building) | street | woman
- Associated Places:
- Dieppe | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Richard Sickert, 1860–1942, British, born in Germany, La Halle au Lin, Dieppe, 1902
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.