Study of Country Boys
- Watercolor and scratching out over graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 6 5/8 inches (18.7 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, UL:"Evans/of Eton"; on verso, in graphite, center: "D4101/William Evans (of Eton) 1797 or 8 - 1877/LGd."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boys | figure study | genre | genre subject | pose | seated | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Evans of Bristol, 1809–1858, British, Study of Country Boys, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.