William Evans of Eton, 1798–1877, British, A Man With a Gun, undated
A Man With a Gun
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on very thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (33.7 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, center: "D. 1526"
Collector’s mark, verso Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | guns | man | rifle | traveling bag
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.