Italian Landscape (after Titian)
- Pen and brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 11 7/8 inches (19.4 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed and dated in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, LL: "Tatian us(?) (underneath pen and ink is graphite) invent. J. Evelyn limitavit(?) 1656, and in graphite, UL: 46"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower center: " J. Evelyn [...] 1656"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | church tower | figures | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Evelyn, 1620–1706, British, Italian Landscape (after Titian), 1656
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.