Italian Landscape (after Titian)
- Pen and brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 11 7/8 inches (19.4 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed and dated in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, LL: "Tatian us(?) (underneath pen and ink is graphite) invent. J. Evelyn limitavit(?) 1656, and in graphite, UL: 46"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower center: " J. Evelyn [...] 1656"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | church tower | figures | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Evelyn, 1620–1706, British, Italian Landscape (after Titian), 1656
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.