Looking Across the Maas from Rotterdam
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 9 3/4 inches (15.9 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist' hand In graphite lower right: "Looking across the Maas | from Rotterdam to | the [Tolhuys Charloos]; in graphite upper right: "43"
Sir Bruce S. Ingram collector's stamp (Lugt 1405a) http://www.marquesdecollections.fr/detail.cfm/marque/7679/total/1
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | masts | river | sailboat | ships | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Maas River | Rotterdam | The Netherlands
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Hills, 1769–1844, British, Looking Across the Maas from Rotterdam, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.