- Wooded Landscape with Figures on Horseback Crossing a Bridge
- between 1775 and 1780
- Gray wash with pen and gray ink, heightened with white gouache and chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on card
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 13 5/8 inches (26.4 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Black & gold | full size"; on verso, lower left: "11 3/4 + 14 3/4"; on verso, lower right: "<...> | Gainsborough"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | equestrians | genre subject | hill | horses (animals) | landscape | men | stream | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Landscape with Figures on Horseback Crossing a Bridge, between 1775 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.